Self-love is a journey. A very important journey that all must undertake to be happier in life. Developing Self-love requires attentiveness, patience, acceptance, and understanding. It takes a lot of effort and resolve on your part to love yourself each and every day. But the benefits of developing and having self-love are abundant and life changing.
By loving ourselves, we allow ourselves to show more love towards others and be happier people. To love yourself is not just a self-esteem boosting piece of advice. It is the prerequisite to truly loving others.
What happens when we develop self-love? Read on and find out.
Here are 35 benefits of having self-love:
1. When we truly love ourselves we therefore give ourselves the personal love we deserve and also set a standard for others to follow.
2. Self-love will make us stop depriving ourselves of things we deserve through self-sabotaging behaviours.
3. Self-love will move us to let go of competition and let go of the habit of comparing ourselves to others. Because we understand that we’ll always be enough.
4. We won’t feel like we have to impress anyone to make them notice us.
5. Love for yourself will make you not stay in situations that will hurt you.
6. You’ll become self-aware, learn your limits and know what you can handle and therefore give your body periodical breaks from the stress of life
7. Having self-love will give the confidence to be who you want to be.
8. Self-love will release you from being trapped in people’s dogma and won’t be swayed by their expectations of who you must be.
9. You take care of your appearance by grooming yourself properly in order to put yourself together so that you feel like the beautiful person that you are…
10. Self-love also enables independence, and being happy on your own.
11. It will make you accept your failures and not punish yourself excessively for them.
14. Self-love provides you with an inner happiness.
15. It allows you to truly rejoice in other people’s good fortune rather than wondering “why, not me” or even resenting it.
16. It enables you to be more genuinely loving towards others and to be of greater service to the world at large.
17. You’ll start avoiding all the negativity that pulls you down.
18. You’ll have success at your work place. You become more confident and people are attracted to confidence.
19. Self-love will make us acquire a sense of responsibility for our lives.
20. We will become comfortable being alone and in turn get rid of the loneliness.
21. We show the world who we really are and what special talents we have to offer.
22. Self-love catalyses growth and we will start trying new things out of our small world.
23. We attract the right kind of relationships and reject the wrong ones.
24. Love for yourself will make you develop an inner sense of security.
25. People with self-love realise that there is a place and space for everyone in this world.
26. Developing self-love will help you develop your life purpose and goals.
27. We will stop harming our bodies physically.
28. Self-love will help us develop a positive outlook on life, and have us working towards that.
29. Self-love will make us prepare healthy meals for ourselves in order to have a healthy body.
30. Self-love will make you be able to say NO without feeling guilty
31. It will make you mindful of how you spend your money
32. Will make you value your opinion, when you need to, more than other people’s opinion.
33. It will make you trust yourself.
34. It will make you accept disagreements. You’ll realise that not everyone can agree with you but that does not make you any less than them.
35. Loving yourself will help you love others better.
It feels fitting to end the blog post with this wonderful quote:
“You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you yourself don’t know it, all of that doesn’t even matter. Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, is a moment of your life thrown away. It’s not like you have forever, so don’t waste any of your seconds, don’t throw even one of your moments away.”- C. JoyBell C.